What rebates are available?
- There are two types of rebates available, the federal Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) program, and the Solar Victoria Solar for Business Program.
- All installations under 100kW are eligible for STCs, regardless of whether you’ve previously accessed a STC rebate or not. The Solar Victoria Solar for Business Program has eligibility requirements (see below).
Eligibility requirement: STCs
- The STC rebate is not means-tested and is accessible by everyone. However, the solar PV system or product you purchase in order to receive STCs must adhere to the Clean Energy Council (CEC) design and install guidelines, only use panels and inverters on the CEC approved list, comply with the relevant standards (like AS 4777), and be installed by a CEC accredited installer.
- Not only is Green Sky Australia an accredited CEC Retailer, we only use CEC accredited installers, and we ensure we only use quality, CEC approved panels, inverters, and batteries.
Eligibility Requirement: Solar Victoria Solar for Business Program
Victorian businesses are eligible to receive a rebate for installing a solar PV system if they meet the following criteria:
- they are the owner of a business that employs at least one person, not including the business owner, and less than 20 people;
- Operate from premises that are non-residential.
- Operate from premises that are individually metered
More details can be found on this fact sheet.
How do I apply for a rebate?
- As part of our service, we take care of the paperwork relating to the STCs. All you will need to do is assign over the STCs to us, which we will explain upon completion of the installation.
- With Solar Victoria, we will create a quote for you. Once you accept our quote, we will upload it into the Solar Victoria portal, and send you an email with the steps for you to follow. You can read more about the application process here.